The I AM Wellness Team
The I AM Wellness Team at Unity in Greensboro draws from the best of Unity’s teachings on wholeness as well as from many of the worlds love-based healing practices. Our Wellness Team fosters partnerships between people and energy workers who establish a wellness lifestyle to address the whole person.
All of the I AM Wellness Team members at Unity in Greensboro have had formal training in hands-on healing. Our goal is to assist people in connection with the Christ Consciousness within, in order to heal themselves from the inside out. As wellness facilitators, we do not provide healing. We simply serve as conduits for Source energy to affirm people’s Divine Alignment.
Please see the Recurring Events Page under the Calendar tab to learn more about Deeksha/Oneness Blessing services at Unity in Greensoboro.
The Link Between Unity and Wholeness
The Unity movement’s emphasis has always been on wholeness through healing, meditation, affirmations and prayer. The reason we claim wholeness is that in truth we are already whole, complete and perfect through our connection with the Christ within. We have faith that by connecting with our inherent wholeness all things are possible and that the healing power of our I Am Nature is greater than any appearance of illness or dis-ease.
The Wellness Journeys of Myrtle and Charles Fillmore
We look beyond the world of outer appearances to the truth that we are spiritual beings having a human experience. Like Unity’s co-founders, Charles and Myrtle Fillmore, we constantly affirm and claim wholeness. Here’s a snapshot of their wellness journey:
Myrtle was afflicted with tuberculosis at a young age and spent many years believing she was incurably weak and sickly. Her disease seemed to be inherited by the young women of her family and many of them had died at a very young age. Myrtle was in her 40’s, and the doctors said they could no longer help her. Shortly after that pronouncement, she and her husband, Charles, went to a healing lecture given by metaphysician Dr. E.B. Weeks in 1886. Myrtle learned of her innate potential for divine healing through the use of affirmative prayer. Because of that inspirational lecture Myrtle Fillmore’s whole outlook toward herself and her life changed.
Myrtle immediately put her revelation to work. She began to spend two hours every day in her room speaking to her body, reading the healing stories in the Gospels, meditating and praying. At the end of two years, she went to Charles and said, “I am healed and I see you healed too.”
Charles himself had tuberculosis of the hip that at first was diagnosed as rheumatism, as a result of a skating accident when he was a child. One leg was several inches shorter than the other. Although he was a chronic invalid and seldom free from pain Myrtle’s healing regime did not at first appeal to him. However, he was impressed with his wife’s continued demonstrations of healing and became interested in his own healing.
Over time, both Charles and Myrtle were healed of their ailments – Myrtle completely, and Charles almost. By the end of his life his right leg was only a half inch shorter than his left. Myrtle was so excited about their healing discoveries that she began working with others who needed healing. Eventually she and Charles pioneered a spiritual healing support system that grew into the Silent Unity 24/7/365 prayer ministry that still operates today.
The Fillmores believed that anyone can follow the principles of Truth and be healed. They were also adamant that it requires more than simple prayer. Their teachings on healing are clear that we must engage in regular spiritual practices that encompass mind, body, and soul.
Myrtle believed there are three realms that must be addressed for healing to occur. “Daily, declare that your spiritual life and world, your mental life and world, and your physical life and world are unified and that you are expressing harmoniously the ideas of the Christ Mind on these three planes.”
When asked what restored her vigorous health, Myrtle stated, “It was a change of mind from the old, temporal mind that believes in sickness to the Christ Mind of life and permanent health. I applied spiritual laws effectively, blessing my body temple until it manifested the innate health of Spirit.”
She also taught that God is inside each person. “Sometimes we pray to a God outside of ourselves. It is the God in the midst of us that frees and heals. You need to think of God, the all-powerful Healer, as being already within you, in every part of your mind, heart, and body.”
Charles assured us that, “As Christ the Son of God became manifest in Jesus so the (Christ) becomes manifest in us. And Christ existed long before Jesus. It was the Christ Mind in Jesus, and in us, that does the work.”
The Unity movement has grown out of Myrtle’s and Charles’s healing, and through the years the movement has continued to grow and flourish.
I AM Wellness Tenants
· Love Heals
· Forgiveness opens the door allowing alignment with wellness.
· A peaceful mind precedes wellness.
· When our thoughts center on Spirit, we quicken the flow of life. This Christ Consciousness-centered thinking clears congested areas on all levels and restores energies to a normal state of health and wholeness.
· Faith opens the mind fully to the power of Creation allowing us to experience wellness.
· Faith is also the instrument that connects Spirit and science allowing the placebo effect to take part in the healing process.
· Healing methods have as their foundation Universal and Spiritual laws. Anyone who consciously studies and applies these laws can be a channel for healing in themselves and others.
· Wholeness resides in Spirit and can come forth in a flash as perfect health. We should be aware that present conditions may have their origins in previous life experiences.
· Through affirmative prayer, intention and inspired action the facilitator directs Universal energies with the goal of restoring Divine alignment, balance and wholeness in the recipient. Through his or her desire for health and wholeness, the recipient helps determine its effectiveness.
· When time comes for an individual to shed their physical self, the body may not be cured, but healing can take place on other levels allowing the transition to take place with ease.
· Wellness comes on many different levels and is an ongoing process as the journey within continues to bring forth higher states of consciousness.